- 1 - 1/2 lb. ground beef, lean
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 28 oz. tomato sauce, canned
- 6 oz. tomato paste, canned
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Optional: 7 oz. mushrooms, stems and pieces (layered per instructions)
- 12 oz. cottage cheese (small curd)
- 1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup asiago cheese
- 12 oz. lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 16 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a skillet, brown ground beef, onion and garlic.
2. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
3. Cook long enough to get it warm.
4. Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the crock pot, (Optional: Mushrooms).
5. Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with cheeses.
6 Repeat with sauce, noodles and cheeses until all are used up, ending with cheese.
7. Cover. Cook on Low for 4 to 5 hours.
Serve with hot bread and a salad and meal is ready!