Crockpot Chicken and Gravy
2lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
14 ½ oz can chicken broth
2 packets of chicken gravy mix
1. Place chicken breasts in the crockpot. Pour in the chicken broth, cover and cook on high for about 3 – 4 hours or until chicken easily pulls apart.
2. Pour 2 cups of the chicken broth/juices out of the crockpot and into a saucepan. Discard any remaining liquids. Add the two gravy packets into the saucepan and whisk well. Simmer on low until gravy thickens.
3. While the gravy simmers, remove the chicken breasts from the crockpot and shred into larger pieces. That’s it! Serve with the gravy over the chicken. Yum!
Crock Pot EASY Lasagna
- 1 - 1/2 lb. ground beef, lean
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 28 oz. tomato sauce, canned
- 6 oz. tomato paste, canned
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Optional: 7 oz. mushrooms, stems and pieces (layered per instructions)
- 12 oz. cottage cheese (small curd)
- 1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup asiago cheese
- 12 oz. lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 16 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a skillet, brown ground beef, onion and garlic.
2. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
3. Cook long enough to get it warm.
4. Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the crock pot, (Optional: Mushrooms).
5. Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with cheeses.
6 Repeat with sauce, noodles and cheeses until all are used up, ending with cheese.
7. Cover. Cook on Low for 4 to 5 hours.
Serve with hot bread and a salad and meal is ready!
Crock-Pot and Rival are two major brands that sell slow cookers and most models come with a recipe book.
The great thing about your slow cooker is that all you really need to do is add your ingredients, set your heat level and the slow cooker does all of the work.
Try making this classic recipe, reinvented for cooking in a slow cooker:
Slow Cooker Shepherd's Pie
- 1 pound sausage roll
- 1 24-ounce package refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 12-ounce jar beef gravy
Cooking notes: Prep time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 4 to 6 hours; Makes 6 servings.